Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::   ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Mastiff Dogs - Dedicated to the Mastiff dog from breeders to owners to those who fancy these big dogs.

Login   Signup

Mastiff Dogs

Manager: system1
Dedicated to the Mastiff dog from breeders to owners to those who fancy these big dogs.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Why I don't place puppies at Christmas - 12/04/2012
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QOl_fk6qRZo/UL62zqTCSiI/AAAAAAAABC4/xUHMrsWKPx8/s320/I'm_not_just_for_Christmas.jpg

Lots of well meaning parents and families think it's a great idea to get a new puppy at Christmas. For some, the idea of a sweet warm cuddly bundle of fur under the Christmas tree is often just too big of a temptation to turn down. We see evidence of just this type of marketing by many back yard breeders and puppy mills--they intentionally breed to have puppies available at Christmas and advertise them as Christmas gifts. First of all--never buy any puppy as a "surprise" gift for someone. How can you be sure that the recipient is ready and willing to care for a pet? How do you know they want a pet--and how do you what kind of pet is right for them? As a breeder--I would NEVER sell a puppy that is to be given as gift. What happens to the puppy if the new owner doesn't want it--or can't provide for it?  Giving a puppy as a "gift" is not a reason to buy a puppy. No ethical breeder would ever sell a puppy to be given to a second party...

Why I don't place puppies at Christmas

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2019 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy