Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::   ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Mastiff Dogs - Dedicated to the Mastiff dog from breeders to owners to those who fancy these big dogs.

Login   Signup

Mastiff Dogs

Manager: system1
Dedicated to the Mastiff dog from breeders to owners to those who fancy these big dogs.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Spaying your Mastiff - 12/30/2012
Just this past week, another Mastiff friend sadly reported losing her Mastiff female to complications from a spay.  Post-op bleeding and hemorrhage is a huge risk we take when we spay these giant breed females.  I myself lost a female to this same post-op complication. Since anesthesia is also a risk, most of the Mastiff breeders and owners I know are also reluctant to place their dogs under any additional anesthesia procedures, so we do it with great care and much consideration.  Some of us will risk doing a spay with a c-section just to prevent us from having to put our girl under an additional time. During a recent conversation with a reproductive Vet, I was presented with a very interesting alternative to the complete spay (removal of the Ovaries, Fallopian tubes and Uterus)--just the removal of the ovaries.  The ovaries produce the hormone of the heat cycle, the estrogen that causes pyrometera and vaginal hyperp...

Spaying your Mastiff

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2019 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy